We never get a second chance to make a great first impression. We are seeking individuals with the keen ability to anticipate the needs of our guests, who are driven to go above and beyond every day.
Our people understand that one member’s success is the success of the whole team. Regardless of the roles we play we are united by our core values: Family, Quality, Industry, Winning, and Honesty.
Select city to view available positions
Corporate Secretary Pomeroy Lodging Calgary
Calgary, Alberta Canada
We are looking for a Corporate Secretary to join our organization.
This role is based out of our Calgary, Alberta office and offers and offers an excellent compensation and benefits package.
As the Corporate Secretary you will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the governance framework for the organization, being responsible for the efficient administration, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, and implementing decisions made by the Senior Executive team. This role requires a high level of organization, attention to detail and logistics, and an understanding of legal compliance. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support, and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
- Coordinate with external counsel on the maintenance of corporate minute books.
- Maintaining all legal documents associated with each business entity. Able to provide support in drafting internally-generated legal documentation and in reviewing externally-generated legal documentation.
- Control of new and revised documents, ensuring all current approved documents are available and maintained and are accurate in the description; ensure quick, accurate retrieval of information.
- Administer and maintain the document control management process in accordance with policies, procedures, and Clients' standards: issuing, receiving and distributing all documents, filing, archiving all incoming and outgoing documentation (hard and electronic copies).
- Responsible for keeping and filing annual business registrations and any documents required by the government or other entities.
- Coordination of investor communication and scheduling of investor meetings. Distribution of all documents to required parties.
- Maintain current and accurate filing of acquisition documents in project folders: download files, upload files, print files as necessary.
- Providing project administrative support to the senior leadership and asset management team.
Education & Experience Required to be Successful
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree with a preference in Business Administration or paralegal studies
- Minimum 3 years of executive or corporate secretary experience
- Experience working in a large corporate or legal setting environment
This role is based out of our corporate office in Calgary, Alberta with a Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm schedule. This position is set in a fast-paced environment, with high levels of interaction with members of the senior leadership team and other stakeholders.
About Pomeroy Lodging
Pomeroy Lodging is Western Canada’s leader in hospitality and lodging. Driven to meet every need, we own and operate a comprehensive range of hotels and resorts throughout the West. Our investment goes well beyond the walls of our hotels and the land we build on. Pomeroy Lodging is committed to investing heavily in our people, properties, and communities.
back to top
Full Time Night Audit/Front Desk AgentPomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre Grande Prairie
Grande Prairie, Alberta Canada
Job Summary: As a Night Auditor you are accountable for balancing and closing the day’s business in an accurate and timely manner, preparing the hotel for the next day’s operation and for the safety of all of our guests and employees on property. You are authorized to exceed guest expectations and maximize room revenue each and every shift. You will achieve excellence by making business decisions that are focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics for the department. The Night Auditor shift is typically 11:00pm to 7:00am.
Some of the Night Auditor duties include:
- Perform end of day procedures and night audit checklist with attention to detail and accuracy especially those relating to cash handling. This is critical as the information that the night audit team supplies allows the other members of the hotel team to fulfill their roles in day to day operations.
- Own the guest’s sense of arrival by checking in and out guests, taking reservations, monitoring the cleanliness and readiness of guest areas.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are two skills that support excellence; the ability to make the guest’s stay hassle free is tied directly to accuracy in making reservations, posting and settling room charges, handling and reconciling cash, settling room folios to credit cards or GL accounts, end of day balancing, rewriting log entries, and communicating to fellow peers any pertinent information.
- Respond to guest complaints by seeking to understand to resolve all issues prior to the guest’s departure.
- Contribute as an engaged team member by participating in department meetings, community gatherings, people events, social committees and surveys throughout the year.
- Superb listening, comprehension, & communication skills
- Previous Experience an asset
- Related post-secondary certification an asset
- Computer savvy
Night Auditors typically work alone and must have a strong ability to work independently and act without immediate guidance or supervision. The Night Auditor may experience:
- Long periods of standing and interacting
- Ability to work nights (11:00 PM – 7:00 AM)
- Ability to successfully work alone and unsupervised
- Exposure to brief period of cold air due to location of front desk.
back to top